January 3, 2011

The New Year

Time to start at the beginning.  Well not really the beginning we had a garden last year and the year before but last year most of the garden was volunteer from the year before.
We have raised beds because our soil is rock and sand.  And everything that was in the garden this summer is still in the garden this winter.  I wasn't even thinking about doing anything in it until spring.  
Then my mom got me a new book Delia's Kitchen Garden and my sister said let's start working on each others gardens together.  And then somehow the idea to blog it came around so here we are starting a blog together.

So my first goals (one from the book and one from necessity and one from shame) are to turn my soil in my beds, rake up the leaves in my front yard and prune back my roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment